6.24.2010

The Loser Machine Shomper Hauler

Few know of the gem that I picked up two months ago. I'd dreamt of owning a mid-sixties van for awhile now but never thought it would be a reality. Well it is now, and its pretty much the closest thing you can get to the experience of riding a motorcycle while driving a car; its loud, you need massive forearms to handle the manual steering, and it doesnt have seat belts. Its just slightly sketchy.

This thing was pretty beat when I picked it up. Was sitting in a field in the middle of UT without so much as a touch of a finger for the last 10 years. I trailered it home, worked on it for two days, and now she is a daily driver. I can fit two bikes in the back no problem and it has a natural heater in between the seats(the motor) for the Winter.

If anyone knows of any parts connections please let me know.

68 Dodge A100
318 5.7L V8
3 Speed Auto





Thanks to all the sponsors above.

9 comments:

Haley said...

That is so rad...

Sean said...

It hurts that there is no Grim sticker on that windshield. That's the last time I let you fowl up my dumpster. It's over between us.

Hobbs said...

It hurts that there are no Grim stickers in my mail box.

Ekonetzny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ekonetzny said...

the 318 used the same parts as the plymouth valiant and the dodge dart around that time.

Craze! said...

I know you guys grabbed a ton of EC stickers at Born Free! Put 'em on there!

tonino said...

Jake there is a dodge dart at Pick N Pull, real pretty and complete at least it was yesterday.

its all gonna burn said...

i'm so jealous that i'll probably have to ask forgiveness...theres a grim sticker on my bike! (its a honda, i should probaly ask seans forgiveness on that one)

antihero1972 said...

obviously you havent driven a hot rod before its way closer to riding a motorcycle. sick van though