8.23.2011

BANANA Review




It was not our intention to start this site to house reviews or influence people to buy certain products. However, when something outperforms or exceeds my expectations I find it my duty to let you all know. Lets be honest, how many times do you buy something that's sub par or less than what you expected? All the time for me. Its especially magnified when said item is over the $100 mark. The reason I am bringing this up is because I've recently been struck with a product that has made me an advocate. The Biltwell Banana Seat. I got this seat about three months ago and I only got it for my bike to see if it was more comfortable, functional, and aesthetically pleasing than my homemade and self upholstered seat pan that I had been running for about three years. When I first put it on my bike I was seriously not stoked at its look. For whatever reason I thought it took away a significant piece of the sporty silhouette. But, I fought the urge to immediately remove it, figured I would try it for at least a week. Well 90 days and over 6,000 miles logged on it now and its here to stay. It fits perfectly, I love the way it looks now, and the best part is that is actually comfortable. I did a 750 mile stretch in one day last month and my ass was only slightly tweaked when I got off, and it didn't hurt the next day. That right there is worth the price of admission. So for anyone wondering how it looks, how it works, or how comfortable it is, now you know. Props to Biltwell for making a very functional item that in my opinion is worth every penny(especially since its very affordable compared to everything else out there).

3 comments:

antihero1972 said...

I have to agree with you on this seat. Mike D. was kind enough to send me one and I have been logging in a few hundred miles on it and it is a great seat. I too was confused about the look at first but it grows on you and hell as far as comfort anything is better than the seat I had on there before.

Bill said...

Thanks Jake, glad you warmed to it.

MikeD said...

Thanks, Jake. Your bike is one of my faves with our without that seat.