7.20.2009

47 Knuck


I was in SoCal this week for yet another sales meeting. This time for Electric. Kip Arnette, one of the founders and sole sunglass designer, is super into bikes. I convinced him to ride up to the meeting with me. He has a few scoots, Ducati Sport Classic, Panhead, and a Knuckle. On the way back down PCH we stopped by his house cause he wanted to show me this bad boy.

There is so much engineering in this thing its ridiculous. The MoCo was legit back in the day, thats for sure. A lot of subtle details on this thing.

-All internal cables on the bars
-Left grip is to retard the timing
-Foot clutch with Tank Shift
-All matching numbers
-Two different adjustments on the carb to dial in for any change in altitude

This thing almost gave me an anxiety attack just looking at it. So dope though.

5 comments:

theoldepro said...

friggen sweet. any pics of his shovel?

Jeremy said...

Knuck's, Shuv's, Pan's, blah, blah, blah. its one thing to take an old bike and make it run, and they usually look cool, sure! But to take a new bike, strip it to unworkable pieces and then, make it look old and then get it to run and look cool too. Thats were it's at. 'Cool Pan. Cool Knuck's... eeehhhhh, boring!'. Move to SF.

theoldepro said...

hater.

haha

Stone said...

Haha...
I love old shit. But, more than that, I love shit that'll break 70mph and doesn't require me to advance and retard my timing manually...

theoldepro said...

that's 2 times for the word retard. comments over.